In this episode, Nikki and Jenn talk about some of the biggest myths circling the internet in the fitness, yoga, and Pilates spaces and why Jenn hates hip thrusts.
- What the research says about hip thrusts and why it’s not the penultimate exercise for building bigger glutes or performing better.
- The misconception that certain alignments will prevent or promote injury.
- Why overpronation may not be a problem for runners and what the current research suggests about the “best” way to run.
- The value of sensory input and why posture “correction” may not be an effective method of pain management or prevention for hypermobile people.
- Why fear mongering makes for effective marketing and poor outcomes.
To connect with Jenn and learn more about her work:
- Visit her website jennpilotti.com
- Buy her book BodyMindMovement
- Sign up for a free online course with Jenn
Connect with Nikki + other links mention in the episode:
- Join her list for hypermobility help, fitness and nutrition tips.
- Follow her on instagram @naablevyfitness
Finally, if you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to leave a rating and review for the podcast on the Apple Podcast App.
You can also support the podcast, but sharing it with your friends or on social media.
This helps other people find the podcast!