In this episode, Nikki chats with sports medicine chiropractor Dr. Emily Rausch about how to mitigate the risk of injury when practicing pole or aerial and what the rehabilitation process may look like after any injury.
- Common causes of injury in pole and aerial
- The importance of rest and recovery during class and in between practice sessions
- Why strength training is a valuable cross training tool to prepare your body for pole and aerial work
- The role of strength and mobility training in the rehabilitation process
- Different strategies to improve flexibility that tend to be more effective than passive stretching
- How to set reasonable expectations for yourself if you are returning to pole after an injury
Connect with Emily
Visit Emily’s website: empoweredmvmtchiro.com
Connect with Nikki
Learn about nutrition coaching and save $50 off your first month if you book your intro call by Sept 30, 2022!
Finally, if you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to leave a rating and review for the podcast on the Apple Podcast App.
You can also support the podcast, but sharing it with your friends or on social media.
This helps other people find the podcast!