What equipment do I need?
Strength for hypermobility requires equipment that can be found in most commercial gyms, but can also be done at home assuming you have the following equipment:
- 1 light jumpstretch band, 1 medium jumpstretch band
- 2 lighter dumbbells of the same size that you can press overhead
- 2 heavier dumbbells of the same size that you can use for lower body work
- A pull-up bar
- A box, bench, or sturdy chair
- 2 yoga blocks
- 2 wash clothes
- A large bath towel or blanket
- A medicine ball (optional!)
For most people, here are the ranges of dumbbells that you might want to start with:
For a lighter set of dumbbells: 5 lbs, 8 lbs, or 10 lbs per dumbbell
For a heavier set of dumbbells: 10 lbs, 12 lbs, 15 lbs, or 20 lbs per dumbbell
Click here to download our equipment guide with purchase links!