In this episode, Nikki chats with strength coach Isabelle Barter about the role of the nervous system in pain, injury prevention, and strength training.
- Outdated beliefs around the role of posture in pain and physical performance
- How the nervous system is more complicated than “rest and digest” versus “fight or flight”
- When biomechanics matters during strength training and injury prevention
- How the nervous system influences strength and the experience pain
- The difference between adaptations to the nervous system versus muscles and tendons during exercise
- The different types of posture and how to train them.