Isabelle Barter & Jordana Edelstein | Body Autonomy, Self Trust, & Weight Loss
In this episode of Results Not Typical Nikki chats with nutrition coach Jordana Edelstein and strength coach Isabelle Barter about body autonomy, self trust, and weight loss.
- Diet culture versus education around nutrition, energy balance, and habit change
- The problematic aspects of weight loss within our culture, but why people should still have autonomy around their goals and what they choose to do with their bodies
- Their own experiences with weight loss and what they learned from them
- Why self trust is an essential element to repairing your relationship with yourself and food
- Why black and white thinking doesn’t work and the benefits of living in the middle
- Why the scale is what should be a neutral data point, but how it goes sideways for many of us
Connect with Jordana:
Connect with Isabelle:
Connect with Nikki:
Join her list for hypermobility help + fitness and nutrition tips.
If you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes.
You can also support the podcast by sharing it with your friends or on social media.