Jenn Pilotti | What the research says about cardio
In this episode, Nikki chats with personal trainer Jenn Pilotti about what the current research says about cardio and how to best integrate it into your life.
- How cardio can reduce or increase anxiety depending on the individual and the type of cardio performed
- The correlation between cardio and better cognition
- How to achieve the benefits of higher intensity cardio if you are unable to or dislike running or jumping
- Cardio myths, including that it will reduce / limit your muscle mass or inhibit your strength if you enjoy strength training
- How much cardio you need and what types of cardio you need to perform to experience the benefits of cardiovascular based exercise
To connect with Jenn and learn more about her work:
- Visit her website jennpilotti.com
- Buy her book BodyMindMovement
- Sign up for a free online course with Jenn
Connect with Nikki + other links mention in the episode:
- Join her list for free workouts and fitness tips at naablevy.com/newsletter
- Follow her on instagram @naablevy
- Join the Total Package Membership site at gettotalpackage.com
- Take class with Jenn in the Total Package On Demand Library (Note: You must be a Total Package member and logged into your account to take the classes on this page!)
Finally, if you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to leave a rating and review for the podcast on the Apple Podcast App.
You can also support the podcast, but sharing it with your friends or on social media.
This helps other people find the podcast! 🙂