In this episode, Nikki chats with Muscle Activation Techniques™ Rx specialist and strength coach Jennifer Simone Schwartz about the scientific purpose behind why we have muscle and fat, as well as the physiological effects of exercise on our system.
- The metabolic properties of muscle and fat
- What the research says about the effects of strength training on hormone regulation and body composition
- The “Goldilocks Principle” and why it’s important that we get the right “dosage” of exercise to stimulate these hormones without creating excessive inflammation
- Why taking an individual approach to exercise that goes beyond a generic program or “pop” fitness will yield better results
Connect with Jennifer
- Follow her on Instagram @jennifer_simone_schwartz
- Visit her website impactyourfitness.net
- Listen to her podcast Think Fit Be Fit
Connect with Nikki + other links mention in the episode:
- Join her list for hypermobility help + fitness and nutrition tips
- Follow her on instagram @naablevyfitness
If you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes.
You can also support the podcast by sharing it with your friends or on social media.