In this interview, Nikki chats with strength and mobility coach Jessie Rard from Twisted Fox Training about training with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and hypermobility.
- What EDS is and basic considerations for pain reduction and injury prevention if you have this diagnosis or you know that you are hypermobile
- Passive (stretching) versus active (strengthening) ranges of motion and how to assess for and close the gap between the two
- The importance of stability and strength training when you are hypermobile
- Why you can have hypermobility and still pursue athletic activities, including circus, martial arts, and more.
- Why you don’t need to fear your range of motion if you are hypermobile or work with hypermobile individuals
Connect with Jessie:
- Website: twistedfoxtraining.com
- Instagram @twistedfoxtraining
- Patreon with Exercise Library Patreon.com/