In this interview, Nikki chats with horror actress, plus size model, and activist Lilith Fury about her experience with lipedema and fat bias and weight stigma when seeking medical help.
- How fat bias and weight stigma delayed her diagnosis and resulted in poor and even life threatening medical care
- What lipedema is and how this somewhat common condition is so poorly understood by the general public and medical community due to fat bias
- What it is like to live with lipedema and the mistreatment that larger bodied and fat people face on the internet, in medicine, and in day to day life
- Why Lilith seeks out companies that lack representation of fat people to partner with
- Lilith’s work to normalize mobility aids, such as canes, and her work to increase representation in fashion and film
To connect with Lilith and learn more about her work:
Connect with Nikki + other links mention in the episode:
- Join her list for free workouts and fitness tips at naablevy.com/newsletter
- Follow her on instagram @naablevy
- Sign up for the FREE Science of Strength workshop with Nikki & Isabelle Barter
- Purchase Results Not Typical Podcast Merch
If you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes.
You can also support the podcast by sharing it with your friends or on social media.