In this episode, Nikki chats with yoga teacher Adrienne Johnson about considerations for practicing yoga when you have hypermobility or pain.
- Adrienne’s personal experiencing starting yoga not realizing that she was hypermobile and how she changed her practice to account for her hypermobility and be able to practice without pain.
- The importance of strength training to cross train for yoga – especially if you are hypermobile.
- Why the largest range of motion may not be the best option for you even if you’re able to go there
- Active versus passive stretching.
- How props can help you feel where you are in the poses, increase proprioceptive input / body awareness, and decrease the experience of pain.
Connect with Adrienne
Adrienne’s website + the sign up link for her Strong n’ Mobile Hips Free Challenge: thelionesstouch.com
Follow Adrienne on Instagram @thelionesstouch
Connect with Nikki
Sign up for free strength for hypermobility resources: strengthforhypermobility.com
Follow Nikki on Instagram @naablevy
If you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes.
You can also support the podcast by sharing it with your friends or on social media.