F&F 1: A sane approach to fat loss and weight maintenance with Leigh Peele
In this episode, Nikki chats with Leigh Peele about sustainable strategies for achieving fat loss and weight maintenance.
- The science behind fat loss and body recomposition
- What you need to know for fat loss and common fat loss myths and misconceptions
- Why the scale can be a poor tool of measurement and how you can lose fat without the scale changing
- Why training will sometimes make the scale go up, even if you haven’t gained fat
- A primer on the keto diet
- The effects of creating a caloric deficit on metabolism and hormones and why it’s not all bad
- Strategies for weight maintenance
About Leigh Peele
Leigh Peele, a nationally published author who’s been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, The Guardian, and The Washington Times.
Leigh was a co-host of the popular fitness podcast, Fitcast, and she’s a self-described “layman researcher”.
As a personal trainer with a certification through the National Academy of Sports Medicine, Leigh’s worked with actors, models, fighters, and athletes from all over the world.
To learn about Leigh, visit her website leighpeele.com.
Article on how to time diet breaks and cycle for for deficits: www.leighpeele.com/starvation-mode