In this episode, Nikki chats with Courtney Townley about how to break out of the cycle of unsustainable fitness practices and self-sabotage.
- How failing leads to learning and ultimately success
- Why it’s important to be a generalist in movement vs. specializing in one modality
- Courtney’s journey from Pilates teacher to health coach and what her movement practice looks like now
- How to get out of the perfectionist trap
- Strategies to build sustainable long-term habits to improve health and reach your fitness goals
Courtney began working in the fitness industry over two decades ago when she transitioned from the professional dance world. She graduated from the University of Michigan with a BFA and is fully certified as a STOTT PILATES® instructor, National Strength and Conditioning personal trainer (NSCA-CPT), ACE Health Coach, Precision Nutrition Level 2 Coach. She is also a very proud student of the Ido Portal Method.
Courtney has owned 2 fitness facilities and was so blown away by the results that clients got from her health coaching services, she decided to commit fully to developing that aspect of her business. She’s driven to learn everything she can about her field to help her clients get the results they desire and to be sure they have fun along the way.
Courtney is passionate about a multi-dimensional approach to health and fitness, and integrates the practices of clean eating, functional movement and stress management. She loves to move and share her love of movement with others while also introducing them to optimal health through healthy living practices.
To connect with Courtney, visit her website graceandgrit.com.