In this episode, Nikki chats with strength coach Melody Schoenfeld about vegan nutrition for strength training and athletes.
- What vegans should be aware of to create nutritional balance
- Supplementation that vegans should consider and sources of vegan protein
- Myths about veganism and strength training
- How to tell if something is a credible source of information and how to take a science based approach to vegan nutrition
- Nutritional requirements for strength athletes who are vegan
- Thoughts on food dogma and being vegan in a non vegan household
About Melody Schoenfeld
At 5’0” and 100lbs of vegan fury, Melody Schoenfeld is a certified, highly educated personal trainer with almost 20 years of training experience in many different disciplines. Melody is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the NSCA, a level 2 RKC, a CK-FMS, a Certified Nutrition Specialist, a Certified Indian Clubs Specialist, and is Z-Health R, I, S, and T Phase certified. She is also a CAMTC Certified Massage Therapist specializing in a hybrid of trigger point, myofascial release, and Thai massage.
Melody owns and operates Flawless Fitness, a personal training and massage therapy company located in Pasadena, California. You may have seen her writing in such publications as VegNews, Pasadena Magazine, Pasadena Star News, the Chicago Tribune, Rose Magazine, and the NSCA’s Strength and Conditioning Journal.