In this episode, Nikki chat with pelvic floor physical therapist Dr. Tamra Wroblesky about pelvic floor training and rehab strategies to return to exercise and strength training.
- Common pelvic floor myths and why women can strength train with pelvic floor issues
- How gut health relates to pelvic floor function
- Why pelvic floor health is connected to whole body function
- Signs of pelvic floor dysfunction (what’s normal and what’s not)
- Strategies addressing pelvic floor issues
About Dr. Tamra Wroblesky
Tamra Wroblesky, PT, DPT is a graduate of Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA.
As a former collegiate athlete with an active lifestyle, Dr. Wroblesky has special interests in treating the female athlete, with an emphasis on preventative protocols to limit injury. She works closely with Crossfit boxes and USA Weightlifting to give her “Pelvic Health for Performance” lecture and her “Supercharge your Pelvis” article can be found here on USA Weightlifting’s website. She is an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association, who awarded her the 2017 Emerging Leader award, as well as the Section of Women’s Health.
When she’s not treating patients, Tamra is probably hiking up a mountain, reading a good book, or drinking specialty coffee. To connect with Tamra visit innerdynamicspt.com.