In part 1 of this 3 part yoga series on wellness, mental health, and anti-depressants, Nikki chats with yoga teacher and movement educator Trisha Durham about their mental health histories and experiences with anti-depressants.
- What caused them to try anti-depressants and how it made their lives better
- How yoga, fitness, and wellness culture initially influenced them not to see this form of help for mental health
- Their experience in the medical system when requesting anti-depressants and how they navigated dosage and side effects
- Where anti-depressants might fit when considering what tools will best help you support your mental health
To connect with Trisha and learn more about her work:
Connect with Nikki + other links mention in the episode:
- Join her list for free workouts and fitness tips at naablevy.com/newsletter
- Follow her on instagram @naablevy
Finally, if you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to leave a rating and review for the podcast on the Apple Podcast App.
You can also support the podcast, but sharing it with your friends or on social media.
This helps other people find the podcast!