In the final installment of this 3 part yoga series on wellness, mental health, and anti-depressants, Nikki chats with yoga teacher and movement educator Trisha Durham about the process that they went through to get a prescription for antidepressants and how social media influences our choices and perceptions of medication and mental health.
- The different classes of antidepressants and how they figured out which one worked for them
- Their process of getting a prescription from their doctor
- The problem with science influencers or people who have large followings on social media who incorrectly represent research to sell you something (aka the Huberman effect)
- Why citing a research paper doesn’t mean that the claim pertains to your situation or is factually accurate
To connect with Trisha and learn more about her work:
Connect with Nikki + other links mention in the episode:
- Join her list for free workouts and fitness tips at naablevy.com/newsletter
- Follow her on instagram @naablevy
Finally, if you enjoy the podcast, please take a minute to click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to leave a rating and review for the podcast on the Apple Podcast App.
You can also support the podcast, but sharing it with your friends or on social media.
This helps other people find the podcast!